Heneghans Abroad

Corrie, Mary, and Mike are living in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wookin' Pa Nub...in Reverse

Howdy all,

One workday for this teacher:

3:23pm A group of us teachers meet weekly to work on classroom management issues. Nerd alert!

2:50pm Yep, school's over. Mark, our tech guy and good friend, "helps" me with "my" camera.
11:39am Lunchtime. Sometimes it's off campus we go, but today, it's at our outdoor cafeteria. Pretty great lunch for 3 or 4 bucks.

9:06am My 9th graders. Another English teacher and I swapped 9th grades at the semester break, so these guys are pretty new to me.


Little before 8am: The kids are here and scrambling to get to class. Lockers are outside and never locked. Ever. Never heard of one theft.

7:35am: Josiah--friend, teacher, school counselor-- hobnobs with Maricela, queen of the charming senoritas in our cafe.

7:07am: Head into school. Still dark.

6:58am: Meet my friends and coworkers Meredith and Kylie outside for a ride to school.


6:40 am: Breakfast

Hope everyone is healthy and happy,

Mike, Corrie, and the Bear




No comments:

Post a Comment